Displays totals for the day, along with a list of all transactions.
To edit and view the details of a particular transaction.
We have designed the main screen to be fast, intuitive and flexible. It’s possible to use the basic functionality of Vape Shop Manager without leaving this screen. For advanced features such as Options, Deals and creating Compound Products , please see the Admin section.
Receipts can be sent via Email or printed using any AirPrint compatible printer. Note: Invoice numbers use base36 (a combination of numbers and letters) to reduce the number of characters and improve invoice search speed.
There are two types of discount, Percent and Subtract. You can toggle between them by pressing the % or - button
at the bottom of the screen to record your reasons for issuing a discount.
Deals such as ‘Buy 5 get one free’ are separate to discounts, and can be added in the
This feature is useful for general reminders, like calling a customer when a device is back in stock for example.
Some countries are enforcing that you make a record of any adverse symptoms experienced by your customers. You can quickly make a record of the event here.
From this tab you can:
- Create a new product by tapping the plus icon.
- Search for a product using the search bar.
- View and/or edit a product by tapping on its name. This will take you to the Product Edit screen.
- Make a product 'End of Line' by tapping the EOL switch. Once switched on, the product will not appear in new orders to suppliers, but you can still continue to sell remaining stock. For more information on Stock Orders, see here.
- View a graph of sales for an individual product by tapping the graph icon. See Graph for more information.
- Make an 'Active' product 'Inactive' and vice versa by tapping the 'Active' switch. With this switched on, a record of the product will be kept, but you will no longer be able to select the product when processing a sale. We recommend using this feature to remove an item from sale rather than a hard delete (see below), as it gives you the option to change your mind and reinstate the product at a later date.
- Remove a product from the database entirely by swiping the product to the left and then tapping 'delete'.
- Edit product name.
- Edit product description.
- Edit product price.
- Add a searchable shortcut code for the product. We added this feature to make it easier for new employees who are not familiar with the devices.
On the underside of each product on display, we attached a small a short code sticker (for example 'EGO1')
The employee does not have to know the name of the product. They can simply turn the device upside down, and then enter the code on the underside of the device to make a sale.
- Adjust the stock quantity of this item. If the product has an Option assigned, you can edit the stock quantities of each Option here too.
- Edit the restock alert quantity for this product. A pop-up will appear warning you to restock when the quantity reaches the level you enter here.
- Make this product a Compound Product. This feature is useful for creating kits
- Assign a Range to this product.
- Assign a Supplier to this product.
- Assign an Option to this product.
- Assign a Deal to this product.
- Assign Tags to this product.
Setting up suppliers will allow you to order stock easily and manage stock checks efficiently. To order stock you will first need to create a supplier, then associate products to that supplier.
From this tab you can:
- Add a supplier to the list by tapping the plus icon.
- View and/or edit a supplier by tapping the Supplier name. This will take you to the Supplier Edit screen.
- Order stock by tapping the 'Order Stock' icon. This will bring up a new page. For more information on performing a stock check see here .
- Delete a supplier by swiping the supplier name to the left.
- Edit supplier name.
- Edit supplier email address. This is the email address used when sending orders.
Setting up a range will allow you to manage multiple products at the same time. For example, enabling you to change the price of all flavours from a particular liquid brand without having to alter each individual product.
Separating products into ranges also helps with stock checking, as it is common practice to check an entire range before proceeding to the next.
To use this feature, first create a range (see below), then add products to a range from the Product Edit
From this tab you can:
- Add a new Range by tapping the plus icon.
- View and/or edit the range by tapping the range name. This will take you to the Range Edit screen.
- View a table displaying total sales sorted by popularity for the selected range of products by tapping the graph icon. This button will bring up a different screen than all the other graph buttons, and is useful for quickly identifying less popular selling liquids.
- Delete a range from the database by swiping the range name to the left
- Edit the range name.
- Edit the range description. This is the description used by the separate customer facing Liquid Explorer app.
- Edit the price for ALL products in this range
- Change the Option for ALL products in this range
- Change the Supplier for ALL products in this range.
- Change the Deal for ALL products in this range.
Options allow a product (or range of products) to have variations (e.g. strength, colour). You can only have one option type per product. This may sound limiting when a liquid can have 'Strength' and 'Bottle Size', but we found the app was simpler to use this way. The way we organise our liquids is to assign a strength option, then duplicate our liquids according to bottle size, naming our liquids "Menthol 10ml", "Menthol 30ml".
It is however possible to have multiple options if you create a Compound Product
, but this feature is best reserved for kits.
From this tab you can:
- Add an option by tapping the plus icon.
- View and/or edit a new or existing option by tapping the option name. This will take you to the Option Edit screen.
- Delete an option by swiping the option name to the left.
Options are collections of Option Items. For example, an Option called 'Colour' is a collection of Option Items named 'Red', 'Blue' and 'Green'.
- Edit option name.
- Create a new Option Item by tapping the plus icon.
- View and/or edit the Option Item by tapping the Option Item name. This will take you to the Option Item Edit screen.
Option Item Edit
- Edit option item name.
- Change the background colour of the Option Item.
The app can automatically calculate the two most common deal types used in our industry, 'Buy X get 1 free' (e.g. Buy 5 items get 1 free) and 'Quantity for price' (e.g. 3 items for a £10 ).
You can adjust the parameters to suit your business.
To use a Deal, first create/edit a deal (see below) then go to the Product Edit
(or Range Edit
) screen to assign the deal to a product
NOTE 'Buy X get 1 free' can be split between liquid ranges of differing prices. For example, in our shop, we have the deal 'Buy 5 get 1 free', on both £4 liquids and £5 liquids.
So where a customer buys six of the same item, you would have:
(6 x £4) - (1 x £4 deal) = £20 charged to customer. Saving £4
(6 x £5 ) - (1 x £5 deal) = £25 charged to customer. Saving £5
If two ranges share the same 'Buy X get 1 free' deal, a customer could buy 3 of each saving £4.50:
3 x £4 = £12
3 x £5 = £15
Total before deal = £27
Saving = (£4 + £5)/2 = £4.50
Sum charged to customer = total before deal - saving = £22.50
- Add a deal by tapping the plus icon. A new 'Unnamed Deal' will appear in the list.
- View and/or edit a new or existing deal by tapping the deal name. This will take you to the Deal Edit screen.
- Delete a deal by swiping to the left
- Edit deal name.
- Select deal type by tapping the 'type' button.
- Edit 'Buy quantity' and 'Price' to suit.
You can add multiple tags to a product. Tags are used in Stock Control
as well as in the Liquid Explorer
Used in stock control, tags can categorise liquids. For example, you could tag liquids by location with 'Back shelf' and 'Front shelf' this feature can make stock checking quicker and more accurate.
Used in the Liquid Explorer
app, tags can categorise liquids for browsing. For example 'High VG', 'Minty' or 'Sweet'.
From this tab you can:
- Add a tag by tapping the plus icon. A new 'Unnamed Tag' will appear in the list.
- View and/or edit a new or existing tag by tapping the name of the tag. This will take you to the Tag Edit screen.
- Switch the tag on or off for either Liquid Explorer or Stock Control by tapping the corresponding switch.
- Delete the tag by swiping it to the left
The 'Stock' tab is used for stock checking (Ordering new stock happens in the Supplier
tab). Stock is categorised by Supplier
, you can also categorise stock using Tags
To begin a new stock check, tap the 'Start new stock check' button, this will remove all tick symbols. As you check each product, a tick
will appear next to the newly edited stock quantity. Once all options for the currently selected product have been checked, a second tick will appear in the middle column.
You can also set a quantity level to trigger restock alerts from this screen.
From this tab you can:
- View all stock in the system by tapping 'All'.
- View stock by Supplier/Range . This will only show once you have assigned a supplier or range to an individual product.
- Enter stock quantities by tapping in the corresponding cell for the individual Product (or Product Option).
Once you have edited a stock quantity, a tick will appear against that item. When you have edited all quantities for that product, a tick will appear against the product in the middle column.
- Set up a restock alert by tapping in the corresponding cell, and entering the new alert level. When processing a transaction, once the restock level has been reached, a pop-up will appear prompting you to order stock for that item.
- Clear all tick symbols by tapping 'Start new stock check'.
This is the general settings and app customisation tab. Customise your invoice, set payment provider details, backup your database, sync with Liquid Explorer
, and more.
From this tab you can:
- Edit your business name.
- Edit your email address. This email address is where backups of the database are sent, as well as being the address that any emailed receipts are sent from.
- Edit the tax rate.
- Add a logo to your invoices by tapping the logo button. The image you select is also used by the Liquid Explorer app. You can use PNG or JPG file formats, but we recommend PNG with transparency for best results.
- Select your preferred currency.
- Select the card payment provider you wish to use (if any) by tapping the 'Select card reader' button. For more information on processing a payment please see here.
- Tap the 'Freeze' switch. to stop employees from deleting a card payment once it has been paid.
- Log in to your card payment provider, and adjust provider specific settings by tapping the 'Card Reader Settings' button.
- You can customise your invoices by editing 'Address', 'Header' and 'Footer' fields.
- Add a password by tapping the password field. This will lock employees out of the admin section. (see below to turn this feature on/off). Don't forget your password!
If you DO forget it, email us, and we can send you an unlock code. We intend to improve the security features of the app in a later release.
- Turn the 'Password Lock' on by tapping the switch. When on, the screen will be locked so that only the current days transactions can be accessed. If you try to open the admin section you will be prompted to enter a password.
- Sync your product database with the Liquid Explorer app by tapping 'Update Product Browser' . For more info see Liquid Explorer.
- Send a backup of your database via email by tapping 'Backup Database'.
A Compound Product consists of two or more Products
. This feature is useful for making up 'Kits' of devices.
For example, you may have the products:
Battery = £10
Atomiser = £10
Sold together as a kit, you may wish to give a discount of £2...
Create a new Product
in the Products Tab.
Set the price at £18, and set the 'Compound' switch to 'on'.
In the left hand column titled 'Compound Products', select the products 'Battery' and 'Atomiser'.
That's it, you have now created a Compound Product.
You can also set the quantities of each Product. This feature is useful if you have a kit consisting of 2 x Battery and 1 x Atomiser.
You can initiate the graph screen whenever you see this icon
A basic graph of historical sales is shown.
To reveal further information, press and hold a bar in the graph, and a pop up will appear.
We plan to increase the apps graphing capabilities in a future update.
With just a few parameters set, the app uses historical sales data to predict stock quantities to purchase from your suppliers.
If you currently do not have historical sales data, you can enter your order quantities manually.
To use this feature you have to assign a Supplier
to your Product(s) or Range
The parameters are:
- Days until next order: This is the number of days into the future the app will calculate that your stock quantities will hit zero. For instance, if you plan to place your next order in 4 weeks time, you would enter 28 (days) into this field. However, in real world use, we need to take into consideration shipping times, and a buffer length (see below).
- Shipment length: The period of time your supplier usually takes to produce and deliver your goods. If your supplier usually takes a week to supply your goods from the moment you place an order, enter 7 days into this field.
- Buffer length: It’s impossible to calculate with absolute accuracy the quantities of each item you will sell, therefore we recommend slightly over-ordering to prevent running out of stock. A buffer length of between 5 and 10 days should be sufficient.
- Historical sample length: We take an average of your past sales as a basis to calculate your future sales. This is the number of days back in time that we will sample from. We would suggest a sample length somewhere between 14 and 56 days.
- Once you are ready, press ‘Estimate order’ and you will be taken to the Order Edit page where you can review, make amendments, add and order new products which are not already in your local database.
Any items which you have marked with EOL (End-of-life) or you have deactivated, will NOT appear on the order page.
Keep in mind that special events (such as Xmas) or recent promotions may affect the sample average or future sales. Therefore we suggest you look through all estimated quantities and make appropriate amendments before placing your order.
Be aware that the predicted sales will not currently take into consideration items which have been out of stock for any period of time during the sample period, so it may show lower numbers than expected. This will be resolved in the future.
Here you can review, make amendments, and add additional items to your order before sending to the supplier.
The ’Show only orders’ tab, displays all orders that will be sent to your Supplier
‘Show All’ will display all products from this supplier. For example, because it is seasonal, the app may not have anticipated an Xmas flavoured liquid. Here you can display that product and amend the quantity manually. If the quantity entered is above zero, the product will now be displayed in the ’Show only orders’ tab when you switch back.
- Add a new item by tapping the plus icon.
- Swipe to delete an item from the order.
- Amend quantities of items to order.
- Add or amend Option type of the product, by tapping the option field.
- Round quantities to multiples. This feature is useful for liquids which are only supplied in boxes of 20 for example.
- Print or Email your order to the Supplier .
Once you have sent your order, a Note is automatically created as a reminder for your next order.
is a free customer facing app for browsing liquids. Customers can browse liquids according to the Tags which you set. For example, liquids can be tagged and browsed by 'High VG', 'Tobacco' or 'Mint' etc.
Your database of products is transmitted seamlessly by Bluetooth to the Liquid Explorer app.
How to use:
Download Liquid Explorer
to a second iOS device.
Set up Tags for your products.
Make sure Bluetooth is switched on for both devices.
In Vape Shop Manager, head to Admin->Settings and press 'Update Product Browser'.
Once paired, press 'OK' and your products are now in Liquid Explorer ready to browse.
Liquid Explorer uses the same logo as your invoices
. We recommend PNG with transparency for best results.
We currently provide integration with iZettle and Paypal Here for Credit/Debit Card (Contactless, and Apple Pay where available) in the following countries;
(If you do not see your country listed above, you can still reap the benefits of our app by manually entering the amount into your current card system.)
Please see your chosen payment providers website for specific information regarding the card readers and services:
iZettle Card Reader Pro Contactless
Paypal Here EMV
How to use:
First choose a payment solution, create an account, and order a card reader.
The card readers connect via Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is switched on for your device, and that the card readers are charged and also switched on.
Pair the card reader via Bluetooth to your device.
In Vape Shop Manager, head to Settings and select your chosen payment solution by pressing 'Select card reader'.
In Vape Shop Manager now press 'Card reader settings' and log in to your account.
That's it! On the main page, when you switch from Cash to Card, you will now see a blue 'Pay' button.